Muncy school board OKs minor renovation project change orders
MUNCY — Two change orders related to the addition and renovations project at the Muncy Jr./Sr. High School were approved at the district’s board meeting Monday night.
Costs for a fire extinguisher cabinet replacement, $158 and over-excavation of unsuitable soils and engineer fill, $10,320, were given the OK by the board.
The board also approved the following proposals and agreements and their costs:
• Weather Station Hosting agreement with Earth Networks Inc., no cost
• Contracted professional services with the Warrior Run School District, $23,004
• Media center and classroom furniture from Tanner Furniture, not to exceed $137,000. Construction funds will cover this cost.
• Weight room equipment from Fitness Headquarters, $52,785. Waldron Memorial funds from the First Community Foundation Partnership of Pennsylvania will cover the entire cost.
• Cardiovascular Equipment from Fitness Headquarters, $23,993. Waldron Memorial funds at the First Community Foundation Partnership of Pennsylvania will cover partial cost, with the remainder to be covered through donations.
• FSA Plan Administrator Discovery benefits, $4.25 per person per month.
• Volunteer chiropractic services for fall athletes by Cotner Chiropractic, no charge.
A reimbursement of $6,000 for relocation expenses for the Muncy Music Association concession stand was approved by the board.
The stage at the Jr./Sr. High School auditorium will be named for Gary and Mary Steele following approval by the board.
Under personnel, the board approved: Elizabeth Harner, cafeteria monitor at $7.78 per hour and Christine Nau, substitute cafeteria work at $9.75 per hour, as well as the retirement of Lois Beaver as special education secretary, effective March 2020.
Coaching appointments approved by the board were:
• Chris Ebner and Mark Evans, game workers.
• Carrie Younkin, Sarah Zalonis and Janele McKeta, elementary girls basketball volunteers.
• Jaylan Jones, Frank Guardini, Bill Scott and Jennifer Noviello, elementary boys basketball volunteers.
• John Karichner, boys basketball volunteer.
• Justin Reis, elementary wrestling volunteer.
• Kane Snyder, Angelo Barberio, John Nixon, Ron Hembury, Carl Berry and Steve Swank, wrestling volunteers.
The board voted to approve the job description of event worker at a rate of $32 per event. They also approved changing the appointments of Matt Alexander, Tim Taylor, Glenn Kepner, Craig Kurtz, Timothy Lupold and Lewis Hill from security guard to event worker at the per event rate.
The next meeting of the board will be at 7 p.m. Dec. 2 for reorganization, followed by board training. The next regular meeting will be at 7 p.m. Dec. 16. Both meetings will be at the Ward L. Myers Elementary cafetorium, 125 New St.