Commissioners approve district attorney’s requests
Lycoming County Commissioners on Thursday approved two positions in District Attorney Ryan Gardner’s office.
The new positions are part-time, assistant county detectives, both of which are not to exceed 1,000 hours a year and are set at $23.09 per hour effective Tuesday.
Commissioners Tony Mussare and Scott Metzger voted in favor while Commissioner Rick Mirabito was absent.
It was a move praised by Todd Lauer, a resident of Jersey Shore and former county commissioner candidate.
Lauer suggested the move saved the county $180,000 by eliminating two clerks, one of whom was part-time, and an assistant district attorney.
Lauer said it was a good move to lower the head count and that other departments should also reevaluate their staff and make head count reductions.
In other actions, the commissioners:
• Approved Nicole West as a full-time replacement administrative assistant for Emergency Management Agency at $16.59 per hour effective Jan. 27.
• Heard a report by Jason Yorks, director of resources management services, regarding a leachate force main for Gregg Township, Union County, preventing the need for trucking leachate.
• Passed a resolution with SEDA-Council of Governments to appoint an Environmental Review Certifying Officer for Lycoming County’s Housing and Urban Development funded programs.
• Received a quote with CDW-G for proof point email security services in the amount of $15,146.25.
• Signed agreement with KOVA Corp. for a three-year maintenance and support of the Verint Audiolog logger recorder in the amount of $54,933. The system records 911 calls and radio transmissions.