Cochran Primary principal to assume same duties for Jackson Primary
Kirk Felix, the principal at Cochran Primary School will assume the duties of principal at Jackson Primary School for the upcoming school year.
Dr. Timothy S. Bowers, superintendent at Williamsport Area School District, made the announcement at the district board meeting held via ZOOM Tuesday.
In connection with the dual leadership duties, the board approved a $6,000 stipend for Felix.
In other business, the board approved:
• A contract with Pediatric Rehabilitation to provide occupational and physical therapy services for the upcoming school year. Screening and therapy services required under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act in addition to some screening activities will be covered by the agreement. Costs are budgeted through the ACCESS and 504 Chapter budgets.
• A contract with BLAST to provide special education services to school-age children. The amount of the contract is $488,663 and will be paid in installments of $97,732.
• A five-year agreement with Lock Haven University to provide dual enrollment courses for district students.
• The purchase of grades 7-12 Edgenuity online curriculum to support the district’s full-time cyber solution, as well as year-round remediation and enrichment opportunities for middle and high school students.
• The purchase of student and staff Learning Management System from Power School Group to include all student and staff subscriptions and the professional learning portal for the upcoming school year at a cost of $32,540. This will be paid through the elementary and secondary school emergency relief fund and the CARES Act funds.
• The professional development of all K-12 faculty and administrators, multiple trainings, set-up and June professional development days for the Learning Management System from Power School at a cost of $12,000.
Under personnel, the board approved revising the effective date of retirement from June 4, 2020, to June 17, 2020, for Cathy Burger, Christina L. Caputa, Kimberly A. Cassidy, Alice W. Good, Kay E. Knarr-Fisher, Joseph T. Marzzacco, Pamela A. Nolan, Laura B. Schmack and Marjorie F. Stopper.
The board accepted the resignations of Kimberly L. Kaiser and Vickie M. Overdorff.
The following personnel items were OKd by the board:
• Libby L. Williams, part-time administrative support, $13.48 per hour.
• Marie E. Fox, for work on the high school’s January drama, $1,329.
• Stipends of $1,200 per year for active members of the High School and Middle School Assistance teams for the current school year. High School: Phyllis J. Sieber, Seth H. Decker, David R. Ferry, Matthew A. Radspinner, Heather E.Way, Kaitlin L. Eck, Susan E. McGehean, Jeremy S. Steppe and Jennifer J. Weaver. Middle School: Christine R. Krajnyak, Patrick R. Menges, Tamra L. Rook, Jennie M. Wagner-Guffy, Emily B. Linn, Christie M. Peck and Marjorie F. Stopper.
• Timothy A. Miller and David E. Gephart, career and technical education teachers at the high school as production printers at a rate of $26.21 per hour.
Board members present via ZOOM were: Lori Baer, Adam Welteroth, Marc Shefsky, Jane Penman, Jennifer Lake, Nancy Story Somers, Barbara Reeves and Patrick Dixon. Absent: Star Poole.
The next board meeting will be at 6 p.m. June 23 and will be held virtually via ZOOM.