Commissioners: Illegal dumping to be prosecuted
The city’s recycling center continued to be the site of illegal dumping, a Lycoming County commissioner said.
Scott Metzger, chairman of the county board of commissioners, said Tuesday that most recently he was made aware that a mattress and box spring were seen dumped at the city recycling area on West Third Street.
He noted there are surveillance cameras working and that city police are reviewing the footage and police will prosecute individuals who dump trash at this and other county sites.
“A select few are ruining it for others who are trying to do it right,” said Jason Yorks, county resources management services manager.
The transfer station on West Third Street will be closed Friday and will reopen to the public and waste haulers at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, said Yorks and Lauren Strausser of county resource management services.
In action items, commissioners:
• Appointed Romuald Andraka to full zoning hearing board member.
• Approved an amendment to an agreement with Larson Design Group to extend a project completion date for a parcel of property sale at White Deer Golf Course.
• Rejected all bids received for Lycoming County Third Street Plaza Dryvit repairs.
• Approved a five-year agreement with Diakin Applied for preventative maintenance on the prison chiller in the amount of $31,340.
• Approved the 2020 Community Development Block Grant Project selection.