‘First step’ of school buildings plan approved
JERSEY SHORE — A proposal from Hunt Engineering for space usage and educational planning was approved 6-3 by the Jersey Shore Area School Board.
“This is only the first step. This is only space utilization and educational space plan,” Dr. Brian Ulmer told the board.
“They would gather current and projected enrollment data. They would evaluate the educational programs, they would develop a maximum of one floor plan for each current building that would complement the building condition reports that they are already doing,” he said.
“They will incorporate what they see in our usage into our five year plan that they’re developing,” he added.
Voting against the proposal were board members Angela Grant, Patrice Doebler and Nancy Petrosky. Those voting for the measure were Craig Allen, David Becker, Harry Brungard, Wayne Kinley, Michelle Stemler and Mary Thomas.
In other agenda items, under personnel, the board approved:
• Gabrielle Bohner as assistant varsity girls’ soccer coach at a stipend of $2,160.
• Matthew Hartman as a volunteer coach for cross country and track and field programs. Hartman was also approved as game staff for the athletic program.
• Katie Brass as a middle school English language arts teacher at $61,662.
• Jacob Anderson as a volunteer football coach and Jaclyn Marney as a volunteer varsity cheer coach.
• The resignations of Mike English, head middle school football coach and head baseball coach; Terry Karichner, assistant middle school football coach; Matthew Hartman, head middle school track and field coach; and Bethany Hartman, middle school business education teacher.
• The AFSCME contract as approved by the employees.
Board member Stemler agreed to serve as board treasurer for the next fiscal year at a salary of $500 per year. Petrosky and Doebler were also appointed as voting delegates and attendees of the 2021 PSBA Delegate Assembly.
Ben Enders was appointed as board secretary from July 1 to June 30, 2025.
The next board will be at 7 p.m., June 28, at the district board room, 175 A&P Drive.