Commissioners approve purchases for Lycoming County landfill, other needs
Lycoming County commissioners approved the purchase of three transfer trailers for Resource Management Services at a cost of $209,132.
Jason Yorks, RMS director, reported that waste tonnage from the transfer station has increased. He noted that 3,600 tons were transferred in June.
“We’ve never done that,” he said.
The trailers will replace three other trailers. Commissioners noted that landfill revenues will cover the purchase price.
Commissioners also approved the purchase of a compact tract loader for the landfill for $46,050.
Commissioners approved Skyhook Inc. for tower construction services at a cost of $1.1 million. The work will involve tower sites at Reservoir Road in Wolf Township, the Hesker Hill in Piatt Township, and at the Lycoming/Columbia counties line.
In personnel action, commissioners approved Beth A. Baylor as deputy director/communications manager in the Department of Public Safety. The promotion, from 911 call center manager, includes a 10% increase in pay to $80,490.
Commissioners also approved the following:
• Kevin S. Styer and Michael A. Sisley, correctional officers, prison, $17.46/hour.
• Ian Scott Andrews, maintenance III-electrical, $20.01 per hour.
• Todd Marino, maintenance II, $16.76 per hour.
• Purchase of a power loader system for a truck at the coroner’s office at a cost of $43,753.
• A maintenance agreement with Keystone Communications for the backup radio system and other needs for $22,385.
• Glenn O. Hawbaker for emergency repairs of the streambank protection project in Hughesville at a cost to be determined.
• M&M Paving for paving of the parking lot at the new district judge office at 2107 Lycoming Creek Road, Williamsport.