Lane restriction expected Monday on Route 15 south
A lane restriction in place on Monday on Route 15 southbound in Lewis Township, Lycoming County.
Traffic will be restricted to a single lane both days from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. while crews clean up a fuel spill.
Pipe replacement this week on Burlington Turnpike
On Wednesday, a state Department of Transportation maintenance crew in Bradford County will begin replacing two large pipes on Route 3009 between Route 414 and Franklin Road in Monroe Township.
Burlington Turnpike will be closed daily from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.. A detour will be in place during those hours using Route 414 and Route 3013.
Work is expected to be completed by Friday, weather permitting. Should inclement weather delay the project, it will be scheduled to begin on Sept. 25.
Night work starts on Route 15-South in Lewisburg
Tonight, night work will begin on Route 15 southbound near the intersection with Route 45 in Lewisburg.
Traffic will be restricted to a single lane from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. for four to five nights so a contractor can perform water main repairs. The left turn lane and passing lane will be closed. The right lane will remain open.
Once the contractor is off the road at 6 a.m. each morning, Route 15 southbound will be open to unrestricted traffic.
Flood repair on bridges in Bradford County begins
A flood repair project on multiple bridges in Bradford County has begun. The contractor will be working on the following bridges:
• Route 1038 bridge over Wappasening Creek in Warren Township.
• Route 1040 bridge over Babcock Run in Warren Township.
• Route 1049 over Stony Brook in Warren Township.
• Route 1049 over Wappasening Creek in Windham Township.
• Route 1049 over Cold Brook in Windham Township.
Work includes bridge repair, debris removal, deposition removal, guide rail replacement, and placing rocks for erosion protection.
Traffic will be maintained by daylight flagging. All work is scheduled to be completed by Nov. 17.
Work continues this week on I-80 river bridge
Bridge preservation work continues next week on Interstate 80 westbound while a contractor applies an epoxy overlay to the bridge spanning the Susquehanna River at the Northumberland-Union County line.
Work will be performed during daylight hours in alternating westbound lanes between the Route 15 and Route 147/Route 180 interchanges. Some road work will be performed just west of the Route 15 Interchange.
Two of three lanes will be open at all times during this work. A single lane will be closed from Sunday night at 9 p.m. until noon Friday.
Paving will be performed in both directions on the approaches to the Route 15 bridge over the West Milton Exit on Thursday, and on the approaches to the Route 15 southbound bridge over Turtle Creek on Friday. There will be daylight lane restrictions for this work.
Wilawana Road bridge posting removed
PennDOT has announced that it removed a weight restriction on a bridge on Route 4022 (Wilawana Road) over Orcutt Creek in Athens Township, Bradford County.
The former bridge previously had been posted with a 32-ton single and 40-ton combination weight restriction. It has been replaced with a new concrete structure.
The new bridge is capable of handling all legal-sized loads.
Road work scheduled
Road work is scheduled by the state Department of Transportation in the following counties this week:
• U-drain installation along Route 3010 in Lewis Township.
• Adjust inlets along routes 3003 in Lewis Township and 1001 West Buffalo Township.
• Guide rail along Route 2009 in Union Township.
• Shoulder cutting along routes 15 in Kelly, White, Deer, Union and Gregg townships and 2009 in Union Township.
• Deposition removal along Route 15 in Richmond Township.
• Sealing cracks along routes 287 and 3008 in Delmar and in Wellsboro Borough and Charleston townships.
• Bridge deck replacement along Route 1003 in Tioga Township.
• Base repair along Route 1010 in Sullivan Township.
• Ditch cleaning along routes 1016 in Jackson Township, 4001 in Westfield Township and 4012 in Clymer Township.
• Mill and fill patching along Route 1018 in Jackson Township.
• Installing underdrain along Route 2018 in Charleston Township.
• Install rock lining along Route 4009 in Brookfield Township.
• Shoulder stabilization and dust palliative along Route 4022 in Nelson and Lawrence townships.
• Bridge repair along Route 87 in Forks Township.
• Patching along Route 4005 in Fox Township.
• Shoulder cutting along Route 4006 in Elkland Township.
• Rock lining along routes 44 and 1012 in Lewis Township and 8002 in Turbot Township.
• Shoulder stabilization along Route 8003 in West Chillisquaque Township.
• Guide rail repair along various routes.
• Patching along routes 2028 in Mt. Carmel Township and 3010 in Jackson Township.
• Sign upgrade along Route 2018 in Ralpho Township.
• Adjust inlets along Route 4004 in Upper Augusta Township.
• Paint markings along Route 147 in West Chillisquaque Township.
• Bridge replacement along Route 4002 in Riverside Borough.
• Shoulder back up along Route 2026 in Mt. Carmel Township.
• Crack sealing along Route 2042 in Muncy Creek Township.
• Paving along Route 414 in Brown Township.
• Patching along routes 2029 in Eldred Township, 3017 in Old Lycoming Township and 44 in Limestone Township.
• Inlet repair along Route 2029 in Eldred Township.
• Shoulder repair along routes 2018 in Loyalsock Township and 15 in Cogan House Township.
• Ditch cleaning along Route 973 in Quiggleville.
• Shoulder backup along routes 284 in Pine Township and 3024 in Anthony Township.
• Pipe replacement along Route 1006 in Cascade Township.
• Under drain activities and patching along Route 6 in Wysox and Standing Stone townships.
• Base repairs along Route 1007 in Stevens and Tuscarora townships.
• Shoulder cutting along Route 3012 in Canton Township and 14 in Troy and Canton townships.
• Guiderail work along Route 1055 in Rome Township.
• Pipe flushing along Route 187 in Windham Township.
• Paving along Route 154 in Canton Township.
• Bride deck overlays along routes 1026 in Pike Township and 1055 in Rome Township.
• Mowing along various routes in Towanda and New Albany areas.
• Pipe replacement with road closures and detour along Route 3009 in Monroe and Towanda townships.
• Bride deposition removal along routes 1029 and 1022 in Rome Township and 1056 in Windam Township.
• Bridge replacement along Route 4019 in Columbia Township.