11 people charged with theft, assault, other crimes
Eleven people have been charged with various offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Michael C. Wren, 36, of 25 Eldred St.; city police; two counts of burglary, felony trespassing and related offices for allegedly breaking into two homes, 1038 Hepburn St. and 1040 Hepburn St., and stealing a television set and nine DVDs from the 1040 property about 7 p.m. Monday; he was arrested at his home a short time later; jailed in lieu of $50,000 bail.
• Corey Jay Caruthers, 26, of 158 S. Fourth St., Hughesville; Muncy Township police; theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing $220 from the cash register while employed at the Halls Station Sunoco in mid-June; initially jailed but now free on $10,000 bail.
• Ryan Matthew Neece, 37, of 362 Locust St., Jersey Shore; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; fleeing police, careless driving and related offenses for allegedly fleeing from police in a pickup truck when they arrived at his home to investigate a disturbance on June 1; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Motorists Johnathan Mitchell Taylor, 22, of 321 W. Penn St., Muncy, and Dustin Robert Shoemaker, 26, of 49 Laidecker Road, Muncy; state police; accidents involving damage to attended vehicle (hit-run); both allegedly fled the scene after Shoemaker rear-ended Taylor’s vehicle in the 5600 block of Clarkstown Road on May 28; Shoemaker faces additional charge of false reports for allegedly claiming his car had been stolen after the crash, which was false, police said; both sent summonses to appear before a district judge.
• Tramane Wali Moore, 28, of 1001 Cherry St.; Muncy Township police; theft-related charges following incidents at Old Navy at the Lycoming Mall; he came into the department store on May 11 with items he allegedly claimed he bought there earlier, but that was false, he was given a voucher for credit; on May 26 he allegedly attempted to use the fraudulently obtained voucher to purchase merchandise; released on $10,000 bail.
• Zachary N. Maggs, 24, of 364 Lyons Ave.; Montoursville police; misdemeanor shoplifting for allegedly stealing $171 worth of merchandise from Walmart, 1015 N. Loyalsock Ave., on May 19; released on $2,500 bail; also charged with possession of two packs of heroin.
• Monica Noel Gawblick, 21, of 244 Rosser Lane, South Williamsport; Montoursville police; misdmeanor shoplifting for allegedly stealing $278 worth of merchandise from Walmart on May 13; released on $2,500 bail; this her second offense.
• Jeremy Thomas Knott, 36, of 2132 Mosser Ave.; Montoursville police; theft and receiving stolen property for removing a saw from a display shelf at Lowe’s, 701 N. Loyalsock Ave., going to the customer service desk and allegedly claiming he was returning it on May 7; he obtained $306 illegally for it; released on $5,000.
• Jaquill K. Helt, 25, of 513 Wilson St.; city police; simple assault, recklessly endangering and endangering the welfare of a child by operating a Taser to frighten a child at Helt’s home on April 30; the Taser came in contact with the child, causing burn marks on his thigh; released on $5,000 bail.
• Motorist Lane Scott Ellis, 57, of 324 Park Ave.; city police; accidents involving damage to attended vehicle (hit-run) after he allegedly refused to provide information to the second driver following a two-vehicle crash in the 400 block of Walnut Street on May 5, 2016; released on $3,500 bail.