Seven charged with various crimes in Tioga County
Seven people will appear before district judges to face various charges in Tioga County. They are:
• Casey A. Amaral, 41, 508 Shippen Road, Wellsboro; Mansfield Borough Police; simple assault, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. Amaral put Michael Watkins into a headlock and punched him multiple times at Watkins’ residence at 161 East Main St., Mansfield on Feb. 21, and then Amaral refused to leave the residence; jailed in lieu of $5,000.
• Eric M. Chapman, 33, 105 Water St., Blossburg; Mansfield Borough Police; fleeing an officer, accident involving injury, reckless driving, careless driving, driving without a license, restraint systems, accidents involving damage to unattended vehicle or property, travel on cultivated land, registration and certificate of title required, unauthorized transfer or use of registration. Chapman, wanted for a parole violation, led police on a three-mile chase during which he ran an SUV off of the road and crashed into a utility pole on South Academy Street, Mansfield on Feb. 24; jailed in lieu of $20,000.
• Robert E. Frey, 55, 3417 Lycoming Creek Road, Williamsport; Blossburg Police; DUI at South Williamson Road, Blossburg on Jan. 26; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• David J. Bruce, 29, 87 Main St., Wellsboro; Wellsboro Police; possession of drug paraphernalia after police responded to a noise complaint at Bruce’s home and smelled marijuana on Jan. 20; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Zachary V. Despreaux, 24, Harrisburg; Wellsboro Police; possession of drug paraphernalia and operating a vehicle without inspection after police pulled Despreaux over and smelled marijuana in his car on Main Street in Wellsboro on Feb. 17; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• John C. Hockenberry, 43, Port Royal; state police; DUI, careless driving and failure to remain in his lane after police responded to a one-vehicle crash on State Route 6 on Dec. 19; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Chase T. Onks, 23, and Cortney Stotseburgh, 23, both of 31 Court Lane; state police; both were charged with harassment and simple assault after Stotseburgh tossed a glass jar at Onks’ head, who reacted by grabbing and throwing her against a floor at their home on Feb. 20; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.