Signals project may cause delays on Route 15 in Union County
Motorists in Union County are advised they may experience delays on Route 15 due to a project to install new traffic signal equipment at intersections in East Buffalo Township and Lewisburg Borough, according to the state Department of Transportation.
New signal equipment is being installed where Route 15 intersects with Route 192/Buffalo Road, Saint Mary Street, and Route 45/Market Street in the township and borough.
The contractor is transitioning from the old system to the new system. Due to this transition, timing and phasing of the signals has been disrupted, potentially causing delays to traffic moving through the corridor.
These conditions are expected to last for several weeks.
Motorists should be patient when driving through the area.
PennDOT branches closed Monday
PennDOT announced that all driver license and photo centers, including its full-service center in Harrisburg, will be closed through Monday, in observance of Presidents Day.
Customers may obtain a variety of driver and vehicle products and services, including all forms, publications and driver training manuals, online through PennDOT’s Driver and Vehicle Services website, www.dmv.pa.gov.
Driver and vehicle online services are available 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week and include driver’s license, photo ID and vehicle registration renewals; driver-history services; changes of address; driver license and vehicle registration restoration letters; ability to pay driver license or vehicle insurance restoration fee; driver license and photo ID duplicates; and driver exam scheduling. There are no additional fees for using online services.
Work starts on bridge near Sunbury
Construction for the Hallowing Run Road (Route 4020) bridge, spanning Hollowing Run in Lower Augusta Township, Northumberland County, has begun as part of PennDOT’s Rapid Bridge Replacement Project.
Replacement of the bridge will allow PennDOT to remove it from Northumberland County’s structurally deficient bridge list.
Construction is expected to be completed in late April.
Drivers will follow a detour along Boyer Hill Road (Route 4017) and Route 147 (Susquehanna Trail).
In the event of unfavorable weather or unforeseen activities, this schedule may change.
The bridge is one of the 558 bridges being replaced under the Rapid Bridge Replacement Project. JV references the joint-venture partnership between Walsh/Granite, which is leading construction for the entire project.
To see the bridges included in the statewide initiative, visit www.p3forpa.pa.gov.
PennDOT updating statewide bicycle, pedestrian plan,
seeks public feedback
PennDOT has begun the process of updating the Statewide Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan and is inviting the public to weigh in through an online survey.
The plan, last updated in 2007, will outline a vision and framework for improving conditions for walking and bicycling across Pennsylvania, especially for those Pennsylvanians who walk and bicycle out of necessity rather than for leisure and recreation.
“Keeping our transportation network safe and accessible for all transportation modes is a crucial responsibility,” said PennDOT Secretary Leslie S. Richards, “We are accountable for supporting and improving quality of life for communities, and updating our bicycle and pedestrian master plan is a crucial step in that process.”
Over the next 18 months, PennDOT will use the project website to provide information on the department’s progress. The community survey also will be accessible on the site and will play a critical role in understanding the current issues and challenges facing people who walk and bike across Pennsylvania.
Once completed, the Pennsylvania Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan will be a resource for Municipal Planning Organizations, Regional Planning Organizations, and municipalities throughout Pennsylvania, providing guidance to local governments on best practices for developing and implementing regional and local bicycle and pedestrian plans.
The plan also will develop a set of goals, objectives and performance measures to guide PennDOT’s efforts to support a complete multimodal network.
More information on traffic safety, including walking and biking, is available at www.penndot.gov under “Travel In PA.”
Road work scheduled
Road work is scheduled by the state Department of Transportation in the following counties this week:
• Crack sealing along Bloomingrove Road in Loyalsock and Hepburn townships, Bottle Run Road in Old Lycoming Township, Rose Valley Road in Cascade Township and Trout Run Mountain Road in Lewis and Gamble townships.
• Brush cutting along routes 42 in Shrewsbury Township and 4008 in Elkland Township.
• Crack sealing along Sugar Hill Road, Quicks Bend Road and Grant Hill Road in Wilmot Township, Pisgah Road in Troy Township and Orwell Hill Road in Orwell Township.
• Brush cutting along Sugar Hill Road, Quicks Bend Road and Grant Hill Road in Wilmot Township, Pisgah Road in Troy Township and North Street in Albany and Terry townships.
• Remove rock outcrop along Route 14 in Canton Township.
• Ditch cleaning along Ellenton Mountain Road in Canton Township, Leraysville Road in Pike Township and Sheshequin Road in Sheshequin Township.
• Shoulder stabilization along Berwick Turnpike Road in Smithfield and Ridgebury townships, Route 514 in Granville Township, Liberty Corners Road, Kingsley Hill Road and Kilmer Hill Road in Towanda, Monroe and Asylum townships, Wilmot Road in Terry and Wilmot townships, Tubach Pond Road in Wilmot Township and Wyalusing New Albany Road in Terry Township.
• Drainage work along various routes in the Canton area.
• Sign installation and repair countywide.
• Crack sealing along Route 660 in Charleston and Covington townships.
• Brushing along Bailey Creek Road in Rutland and Jackson townships, North Fork Road in Brookfield Township and Hills Creek Road in Charleston Township.
• Install and repair signs along various routes countywide.
• Crack sealing along Route 45 in Buffalo and East Buffalo townships and routes 104 and 304 in Limestone Township.
• Mow trimming along Grand Valley Road and Pleasant Grove Road in Lewis and West Buffalo townships and Weikert Road in Hartley Township.
• Bank removal along Col John Kelly Road in Kelly Township.
• Brushing along routes 4024 in Shamokin Township, 3010 in Jackson Township and 2026 in Coal Township.
• Crack sealing along routes 3004 in West Cameron Township, 4005 in Shamokin Township and 2005 in Rush Township.