Lycoming Creek Road work begins Tuesday
Work will begin Tuesday on a $3.5 million rehabilitation project on the Lycoming Creek Road bridge, located 1 mile north of the intersection with Route 973, according to the state Department of Transportation.
The project includes superstructure replacement, concrete repairs and guiderail upgrades.
The contractor will use daylight flagging operations until the closure of the bridge on April 23. Motorists then will use a detour on Route 973 and Saint Michaels Road.
Work is expected to be completed by mid-November.
Project update for upcoming week
Work is progressing on the Northern Section of the Central Susquehanna Valley Transportation (CSVT) project in Northumberland, Union and Snyder counties as follows:
Route 15 northbound is reduced to a single lane so the contractor can reconstruct the center portion of the highway. Wide loads over 14 feet are prohibited. The single lane condition is expected to remain in place for most of the construction season. Motorists should be alert for construction vehicles entering and exiting the roadway.
Drainage and earthwork operations will continue during daylight hours only.
Earthwork and drainage will continue. A small amount of blasting will be needed to complete remaining excavation. Route 147 traffic is using a temporary crossover to the new northbound bridge over Chillisquaque Creek. There will be intermittent flagging under the bridge at Hidden Paradise Road and Ridge Road.
Construction continues on the bridge spanning Ridge Road and Wooded Run.
Construction of Piers 1 through 8 and the bridge abutment will continue on the west side of the river. Piers 4 through 7 are complete. Concrete is scheduled to be placed for Pier 1, Pier 2, Pier 8 and the abutment, next week.
Steel girders will be placed on river bridge span 6, weather permitting.
The causeway in the river has been extended north for work on Pier 9.
Construction is ongoing on the abutment on the Northumberland side of the river. Concrete is scheduled to be placed for the abutment wall.
For more information on the CSVT project, visit www.csvt.com.
Bridge replacement project to begin in Moreland Township
This week, a PennDOT bridge crew in Lycoming County will begin a replacement project on Liuzza Road in Moreland Township.
The existing concrete slab bridge, which spans Laurel Run near the intersection with Deer Road, was built in 1932 and is classified as functionally obsolete. It will be replaced with a precast concrete box culvert.
A detour will be in place during the project using Sones Road, Route 442 and Deer Road.
Work is expected to be completed in late June, weather permitting.
Lane restriction this week on Route 220 in Woodward Township
The northbound left (passing) lane of Route 220 in Woodward Township will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday and Tuesdaye, between Northway and Quenshukeny roads for soil boring in the median.
Bridge painting starts this week in Lycoming County
A $2.4 million multiple bridge painting contract is set to begin this week in Lycoming County, according to PennDOT. North Star Painting Co. Inc., of Youngstown, Ohio, will begin work on the steel truss bridge on Broad Street in Montoursville, which includes repairs to the structure prior to painting.
Work is also slated for the Memorial Avenue bridge over Lycoming Creek in Williamsport; the Route 287 bridge in Salladasburg and the bridge on Route 220 near Daughertys Run Road. The project is expected to be completed by late August.
There will be single lane conditions under daylight flagging during the project.
Deck replacement on Canoe Camp Creek Road begins
PennDOT crews have begun work on a bridge deck replacement project on the Canoe Camp Creek bridge near Pitts Road in Richmond Township, Tioga County. A detour is in place using East Hill and North Williamson roads and South Main Street in Mansfield while the bridge is closed during the project.
Work is expected to be completed by the end of April.
Unsolicited public-private partnership proposals accepted until April 30
PennDOT’s office of Public-Private Partnership is accepting unsolicited proposals for transportation projects from the private sector through April 30.
The submission period applies to PennDOT-owned projects and infrastructure. The private sector can submit proposals offering innovative ways to deliver transportation projects across a variety of modes including roads, bridges, rail, aviation and ports. Proposals can include more efficient models to manage existing transportation-related services and programs.
The private sector may also submit applications for non-PennDOT owned assets directly to the Public-Private Partnerships board during this time. Transportation entities outside of the governor’s jurisdiction, such as transit authorities, may establish their own timelines or accept proposals year-round. Unsolicited proposals are being accepted through 11:59 p.m. April 30.
The state’s Public-Private Partnerships law allows PennDOT and other transportation authorities and commissions to partner with private companies to participate in delivering, maintaining and financing transportation-related projects.
For information visit www.P3forPA.com
Road work scheduled
Road work is scheduled by PennDOT in the following counties this week:
• Bridge flushing along Route 180 in Muncy and Muncy Creek townships.
• Ditch cleaning along Pleasant Valley Road in Eldred and Gamble townships and Warrensville Road in Loyalsock Township.
• Bridge replacement and closure along Liuzza Road in Moreland Township.
• Shoulder repairs along Warrensville Road in Loyalsock Township and Southard Road in Gamble Township.
• Patching along Route 87 in Plunketts Creek Township.
• Sign and guide rail repairs countywide.
• Debris cleanup and delineation on routes 120 and 144.
• Side dozing and shoulder cutting on routes 2024, 2019, 2020, 2012 and various routes in Lock Haven as weather permits.
• Shoulder repairs on Route 120 between Hyner and North Bend.
• Pipe work on Little Plum Run Road, parallel pipe around segment 80.
• Deck replacement along Allen Meadow Road in Granville Township.
• Shoulder cutting along Route 6 in Wyalusing, Standing Stone and Wysox townships and along Leisure Drive and Shiner Road in Wysox Township.
• Ditching and remove rock outcrops along Ellenton Mountain Road in Canton Township.
• Brush cutting along North Street Road in Albany and Terry townships and various routes in the Troy area.
• Low shoulder work along Lake Road in Wysox Township, Wilmot and Tubach Pond roads in Wilmot Township and Wyalusing New Albany Road in Terry Township.
• Patch pavement along Orange Hill Road in Athens Township.
• Crack sealing along Sugar Hill and Foote roads in Wilmot Township and Warren Center Road in Warren Township.
• Countywide flushing bridges, guide rail repairs and sign installation and repairs.
• Bridge cleaning along Route 15 in Lawrence, Tioga, Middlebury, Chatham and Westfield townships, Blossburg, Liberty, Mansfield and Lawrenceville areas and along Route 249 in Middlebury, Chatham and Westfield townships.
• Crack sealing along Pickle Hill Road in Richmond Township and on Route 549 in Richmond and Sullivan townships.
• Shoulder repair along Spencer Road in Union Township.
• Repair pipe and ditching along Cherry Flats Road in Charleston and Covington townships.
• Manual patching along Dean Hill Road in Delmar Township and Mach Road in Covington Township.
• Timber deck replacement along Canoe Camp Creek Road in Richmond Township.
• Shoulder cutting along Welsh Road in Charles Township.
• Repair sink hole and replace pipe along Berwart Street in Wellsboro Borough.
• Ditching and U-drain along Tannery Hill Road in Nelson and Farmington townships.
• Install and repair signs along all routes.
• Belt loading along Interstate 80 in Turbot Township and Interstate 180 in Turbot and Delaware townships.
•Ditching and rock lining along Route 147 in Lower Mahonoy Township.
• Crack sealing along Route 3004 in West Cameron Township, Oak Street in Mt. Carmel Township and Third Street in Mt. Carmel Borough.
• Washouts along South Market Street in Ralpho Township and Snydertown Road in Shamokin Township.
• Pipe extension along Sunbury Road in Rush Township.
• Sign upgrades along Route 11 in Point Township.
• Signs down and guide rail repair along various state routes.
• Crack sealing along Route 45 in Buffalo and East Buffalo townships, Swengle Road in Lewis and West Buffalo townships.
• Bank removal along Col. John Kelly Road in Kelly Township.
• U-drain install along Dewitt Camp Road and Route 15 in Greg Township.
• Crack sealing along Cambellville Road and Route 42 in Shrewsbury Township.
• Bridge flushing along various state routes.