Double slaying suspect located

U.S. Marshals nabbed fugitive and accused killer Joseph S. Coleman in Harrisburg early Friday afternoon, and within hours, the 35-year-old former Williamsport man was on his way back here to face city police charges in the double fatal shooting of a 50-year-old mother and her 25-year-old son in their Poplar Street home on Oct. 31.

Coleman, formerly of the 100 block of Parkwood Street, was taken into custody without incident inside a Harrisburg home about 12:20 p.m. by members of U.S. Marshals Service Fugitive Task Force.

Also assisting with the capture were members of the Dauphin County Crisis Response Team.

Coleman’s arrest comes one week after alleged co-conspirator Jordan Adonis Rawls, 24, of 1029 Race St., surrendered to city police to face identical charges for his alleged involvement in the shooting deaths of Kristine Kibler and Shane Wright inside 613 Poplar St..

Kibler and Wright were shot about 9:50 p.m. during “a home invasion robbery,” according to investigators.

Coleman and Rawls went into the house “to rob Wright of his drugs and money,” according to court records.

The two men have been charged with two counts of homicide and one count each of robbery, possession of an instrument of crime, attempted robbery, convicted felons not to possess a firearm and conspiracy.

“They attempted to rob Wright in his home, leading to the shooting deaths of Wright and his mother” during a home invasion, Agent Trent Peacock wrote in a criminal complaint.

Wright was shot in the head and collapsed in the front doorway while his mother was shot in the abdomen on the second floor. She was rushed to the Williamsport Regional Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

Wright’s two children, ages 6 and 7, were in the home, but they were not harmed. Wright’s 21-year-old sister, Cheyanna Wright, her boyfriend and 2-year-old son also were in the house, but they were upstairs in a locked bedroom during the home invasion and also were not harmed.

Cheyanna heard her mother yell, and when she opened her bedroom door, she saw a masked gunman standing in or near the stairway, holding onto her mother. When the gunman pointed the weapon at Cheyanna, she slammed door and locked it. That was the last time she saw her mother alive.

Rawls remains jailed in the Lycoming County Prison without bail and Coleman was expected to be jailed there too without bail following his arraignment. City police detectives were on their way back here with him on Friday night.