Auditions planned for Wellsboro play
Hamilton-Gibson Productions will hold auditions for “Into The Breeches” at 6:30 p.m., Jan. 26; at 10:30 a.m., Jan. 29 and at 1 p.m., Jan. 30 at the Warehouse Theatre at 3 Central Ave., Wellsboro.
No experience is necessary to audition.
This comedy by George Brant explores how a community theatre grapples with the loss of its male artistic director and leading men, who are fighting across the sea in World War II. Determined to press on, the director’s wife sets out to produce an all-female version of Shakespeare’s “Henriad,” assembling an unexpected team united in desire, if not actual theatre experience.
“Together they deliver a delightful celebration of collaboration and persistence because the show must go on,” a news release said.
The characters include six females and two males. They are:
• Maggie Dalton, a white female in her mid-forties, a talented but untested director who is passionate, determined and smart.
• Celeste Fielding, a white female in her fifties, a diva who thinks she is glamorous.
• Ellsworth Snow, a white male in his sixties, the community theatre’s conservative, sour-faced board president.
• Winifred Snow, a white female in her fifties, is the untalented but enthusiastic socialite who is benevolent but slightly vacant.
• Stuart Lasker, a white male in his forties, the community theatre’s quip-ready stage manager.
• Ida Green, an African-American female in her thirties, the imaginative costume designer.
• June Bennett, a white female in her late teens/early twenties, the beautiful and endearingly innocent ingenue.
• Grace Richards, a white female in her late twenties/early thirties, a raw talent who is meek and humble.
Performances will be on April 1, 2 and 3, and April 8 and 9 at the Warehouse Theatre. Sponsors are Larry and Barbara Biddison.
According to the news release, all members of the cast and crew will be masked during all auditions, meetings and rehearsals. Anyone who is feeling ill in any way is asked not to attend.
Those who have any questions or concerns, can email Director Thomas Putnam at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Hamilton-Gibson at 570-724-2079.