Dryer fire breaks out in East End home

WILLIAMSPORT-Williamsport firefighters quickly extinguished a fire involving a clothes dryer that broke out in a back room at 1127 E. Third St. about 11 a.m. Monday.

Firefighters knocked the fire down and then carried the smoldering dryer outside.

Exhaust fans were used to clear smoke from the home. There were no injuries and no one displaced.PHIL HOLMES/Sun-Gazette


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)

Starting at $4.62/week.

Subscribe Today