Fire at Frito-Lay plant extinguished

Williamsport firefighters responded to Frito-Lay, 220 N. Reach Road, about 10:20 p.m. Wednesday when a fire broke out near the top of a vent stack (chimney), according to fire officials. A buildup of heat ignited some wood between the ceiling and the roof, officials said, who ruled the fire accidental. There were no injuries.

There was no information on what impact, if any, the fire had on the company’s operations.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *

Starting at $4.62/week.

Subscribe Today