11 people charged with various criminal offenses
Eleven people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the law enforcement agencies involved were:
• Curtis Benton, 56, of 643 Elmira St.; city police; simple assault and felony trespassing for allegedly forcing his way into Rose Hilburn’s apartment at 741 W. Fourth St. and wrapping a towel around the woman’s throat on Sept. 21; Hilburn had already filed a protection from abuse order against Benton, who was jailed in lieu of $75,000 bail.
• Ashayla Minus, 24, of 507 Thomas Ave.; city police; simple assault and disorderly conduct for allegedly punching LarHonda Palmer in the left eye in the 1000 block of High Street on Sept. 11; released on $5,000 bail.
• Keith Harris, 45, of 636 First Ave.; city police; possession of cocaine, marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the 700 block of West Fourth Street on Sept. 10; a bench warrant for his arrest was expected to be filed after he failed to appear for his preliminary hearing
• Patricia Havens, 62, of 1235 Crestfield Drive; state police; DUI and careless driving at East Third Street and Westminster Drive on Aug. 31; his blood-alcohol content level was .20; released on $5,000 bail.
• Tony Bacon, 55, of 325 High St.; the county’s Narcotics Enforcement Unit; possession with intent to deliver nine fentanyl pills and related offenses at Tenth and Memorial avenues in the city on Aug. 19; jailed in lieu of $75,000 bail.
• Chelsey Huff, 30, of 2050 Riverside Drive, South Williamsport; state police; DUI, careless driving and driving with suspended license on East Third Street in Loyalsock Township on Aug. 13; refused to provide blood sample; released on $5,000 bail.
• Chad Ferguson, 23, of 669 Rose St.; state police; DUI, possession of drug paraphernalia and careless driving following a crash on Route 87 in Upper Fairfield Township on Aug. 10; refused to provide blood sample; released on $5,000 bail.
• Arthur Phillips, 40, of 333 Brandon Ave.; Montoursville police; DUI in the 1000 block of North Loyalsock Avenue on July 27; his blood-alcohol content level was .15; released on $5,000 bail.
• Leeza Rundio, 23, of 120 Lawson St.; city police; theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing Tiana Richardson’s cellphone from the Newberry Basket, 620 Arch St., on July 20; released on $2,500 bail.
• Raul Carbajal, 37, of 327 Clayton Ave.; state police; DUI, driving with a suspended license and careless driving at Homewood Avenue and Russell Ave. on June 29; his blood-alcohol content level was .17; released on $5,.000 bail.
• Scott Carr, 63, of 1130 Jordan Ave., Montoursville; city police; simple assault, recklessly endangering another person and disorderly conduct after he allegedly punched Charles Little twice in the head, causing him to fall to the ground; Carr then kicked Little at least twice in the stomach, police alleged; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.