Montoursville WalMart evacuated for gas leak
The Montoursville WalMart was evacuated Monday afternoon due to the smell of a gas leak.
UGI Utilities found two gas lines ruptured on the roof of the WalMart, according to Chad Ludwig, assistant fire chief at the Montoursville Fire Department.
Ludwig said the fire department helped UGI Utilities gain access to the roof to address the problem, and was called out to the scene at around 3:40 p.m.
They left at around 4:17 p.m., however they were called back to aid with accessing the second gas leak, according to Ludwig.
The fire department left the scene at 5 p.m.
After it was confirmed there was no fire hazard, Ludwig said UGI turned off the gas until the lines were repaired, which caused the store to temporarily halt its operations.
UGI Utilities did not respond to the Sun-Gazette’s request for comment by press time.
WalMart operated during its regular hours on Tuesday.