Smoke alarm alerts Trout Run residents of fire
TROUT RUN — After being awakened by a smoke alarm about 12:15 a.m. Tuesday, Myron Cowher discovered a smoldering fire in his bathroom, called 911 and safely got out, according to fire officials.
Light smoke was coming from the home at 2818 Route 14 when volunteer firefighters reached the scene, said Rick Whitford, a fire company spokesman.
Cowher inhaled some smoke, but did not require any medical treatment.
The fire, confined to the bathroom, was under control in about 15 minutes, according to the 911 center.
Whitford said the fire was believed to be electrical in nature.
Cowher was able to return to return to his home.
Volunteer firefighters from Ralston, Hepburn Township and Old Lycoming Township also responded.