Stadium to host ‘drive-thru’ trick-or-treating
The Williamsport Crosscutters will host a free trick-or-treating event for children and their families. Boomer’s Drive-Thru Trick or Treat will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. on Halloween in the parking lot of BB&T Ballpark.
The event will be hosted by Boomer, the Cutters popular mascot, and will give children age 14 and under in costume, the opportunity for “a fun, safe trick or treating experience,” according to Minor League Baseball’s website.
Over a dozen other exhibitors, including some of Boomer’s mascot buddies, are slated to be part of Boomer’s Drive-Thru Trick or Treat.
“With COVID-19 impacting many of the usual Halloween activities in our area, we simply wanted to give children and their families a safe way to do some trick or treating,” said Gabe Sinicropi, Crosscutters vice president of marketing and public relations, according to the website.
All participants will be required to stay inside their vehicle as they receive treats from the Williamsport Crosscutters and other area businesses. CDC Halloween recommendations will be observed including;
• All exhibitors wearing protective masks and gloves
• All candy individually wrapped and in treat bags
• No-contact trick or treating where children (or parents) pick up the treat bag instead of it being handed to them
Those attending the event are asked to enter the BB&T Ballpark lot via the Fourth Street entrance only. Cars will exit at the back of the stadium on Beeber Street.
Other Halloween Events
Trick-or-treating will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday — Halloween night — in most area municipalities, including the city, Jersey Shore, Montoursville, Muncy borough, Avis, Lock Haven and South Williamsport and Loyalsock, Old Lycoming, Wayne and Pine Creek townships.
Hughesville borough has set trick-or-treat hours from 6 to 8:30 p.m. while Montgomery borough has set the hours for 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Muncy borough also is hosting a drive-through trick-or-treat activity from 6 to 8 p.m. at the borough building.
Other events to mark the holiday on Saturday include:
• Fall festival, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Montgomery Fire Co. carnival grounds.
• Trunk-or-treat, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Isle of Comics, South Williamsport.
• Trunk-or-treat, 2 to 5 p.m., Bald Birds Brewing Co.
• Trunk-or-treat, 5:30 to 7 p.m., Grace Fellowship Church, Avis.
• Halloween Parade, 6 p.m., Montgomery Borough Lions Club.