Woman accused in boy’s death wants full hearing

LOCK HAVEN — Jamie Lynne Jackson, 36, of Lock Haven, requested a full preliminary hearing on homicide charges for the death of 9-year-old Anson Landon Mitchell Stover.

The hearing was scheduled for Jan. 21 at 1 p.m. at Magisterial District Judge Keith Kibler’s Office, 301 Frederick St., Lock Haven. Although the Clinton County Courts remain subject to a Judicial Emergency Order in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Jackson’s preliminary hearing is scheduled to be conducted in-person with restricted access to the courtroom.

Jackson was arrested on Dec. 2, just days after the alleged beaten and battered body of Anson Stover was found in a bathtub in an apartment at 657 E. Bald Eagle St., Lock Haven on Nov. 28.

Jackson was charged by Lock Haven City Det. Richard Simpson with criminal homicide and two counts aggravated assault, both Class 1 felonies.

She also faces a Felony 2 count of endangering the welfare of children and misdemeanor counts of tampering with or fabricating physical evidence, abuse of corpse and concealing death of a child.

Lock Haven City Police were alerted to the residence by Jackson’s estranged father, Hugh Jackson the weekend Stover’s body was discovered.

Upon arriving at the apartment, police said they found Stover’s body and discovered that Jackson had been shampooing the carpet and cleaning the deceased boy’s room.

The woman told Det. Simpson that Anson had injured himself in the days prior to their arrival.

She further claimed to have found him in his room, unclothed and seriously injured with an unknown substance coming from his mouth.

She admitted, according to the detective’s affidavit, that she washed Anson, clothed him and placed him in the upstairs bathtub where he remained for perhaps up to two days.

What’s more, police allege Jackson disposed of various items in the apartment, showered, slept, and cared for the five other children — Anson’s sisters and cousins — in the home while Anson was lifeless.

Jackson told Det. Simpson that Anson did not move from the bathtub after she placed him there, and she assumed later he had died.

Yet, the boy’s aunt did not call 911 or seek any medical help, police allege.

According to police records, Jackson allegedly left the boy fully clothed in the bathtub for days after she found him unclothed in his room, unconcious with tape around his neck.

An autopsy revealed Anson suffered multiple injuries to the head, neck, torso, arms, legs and pelvic area.

However, due to the extensive nature of the injuries a final cause of death was not available and is pending additional forensic examination.

Jackson remains jailed at the Clinton County Correctional Facility.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)

Starting at $4.62/week.

Subscribe Today